13.2.10

arrival with RSV on day 1




So Joel, Mary Lyn and I are currently out in Brisbane. Aubrey stayed back in Salt Lake with Grandma & Pop Pop. We were only supposed to be out here for a week to look at a few schools & scope out neighborhoods, etc. But Mary Lyn had other plans. On the flight from LA to Brisbane she started wheezing. It was pretty scary. Soon after we landed, we gathered our bags and rental car and were on our way. We were tired, tired, tired. The weather was very humid; much like Florida. Well ML's wheezing wasn't getting any better so we decided to take her to a clinic. Well the clinic told us to go to the ER. The ER lead to the hospital admission, and an ambulance ride over to Mater Children's Private Hospital. She had RSV and bronchitis! I was so scared. So ML wanted us to check out the hospitals as well.

Everyone was very nice. We didn't have to wait to be seen. We walked right back and they got her hooked up to monitors, etc. They gave her oxygen, breathing treatments and meds immediately. Then she had her chest Xray. Everything looked good on that. I have some pictures of the ER and ambulance part on my iphone that I'll post later. I didn't bring the right cord. After a few hours she wasn't getting any better so she got admitted to the hospital. ML rode in her first capsule during the ambulance ride over to the children's hospital. We were admitted on Sunday night. It was a very long first day in Brisbane.

So I stayed with ML at the hospital. This gave me some time to try to figure out how to convert ML's weight from lbs to kilos. Hmm, 15lbs. I wished my iphone was working...I did catch on to all the aussie baby slang from the nurses. After the first day, I finally got that diapers weren't diapers at all; they were nappys. So we were told we would be here most of the week and hopefully we would be out by Friday or Saturday; if she didn't get any worse. At the end of day 1, she was still working very hard to breathe. It was a long night..


No comments:

Post a Comment