14.2.10

thursday: day 5



Today was a BIG day! Mary Lyn's been off oxygen since the middle of the night. ML's dr gave the okay to discharge her this afternoon! So after 5 days, she is finally well enough to leave the hospital and go back to the unit. We are so excited! She's still a little wheezy when she cries, but that's normal. We have to wait until after next Wednesday to head back to the states; preferably Friday or Sat. So that gives her a little time to get better and us some time to explore Brisbane.

I surprised Joel with the news. He was about to leave the unit to bring us some clean laundry. He had been taking the bus from the CBD to the hospital; and I needed him to bring the car. While I waited for Joel, the nurse started the discharge paperwork. It took maybe 15 min or so and she was done. She gave us back ML's xray. And even gave Joel a medical certificate to show that she was in the hospital in case he needed it for time away from work.

After we left the hospital, we went with our relocation specialist to look at a house. Right now we are looking at as many as we can. So we can determine which style of house would fit our family and to get a better feel for different neighborhoods. We took a walk around the water and had dinner outside. ML slept the entire time.

After ML went to bed, and I unpacked, I could finally relax. I curled up with my Starbucks banana bread and my overpriced aussie gossip magazine. They don't have People. The have New Idea instead. It's basically the same thing, but with aussie celebrities. I figured I better start leaning who people are :)....

I have to mention that aussie tv is so strange. You either watch: "sports" aka some sort of cricket or football, the news telling you the same thing over and over every 10 minutes, or shows that are so old. I was watching a Boston Legal earlier that had Mark Valley on it. It was brand new out here! That show isn't even on in the US anymore and that episode is a few years old. I remember him as the fill-in Jack from Days. He also had the short lived great series Keene Eddie. His new show Human Target just premiered in the US. I'm excited to get online and start trying to figure out Australian tv..

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous16.2.10

    Glad you are finally relaxing....xo

    ReplyDelete